Sunday, December 03, 2006

A New Horror

One of my (Claire) worst nightmares has always been the possibility of bugs getting into my bed. Well, that nightmare of mine was realized last night. Here in Santo Domingo, we live with colonies of small ants. They are everywhere, and no matter how many times you spray or how many ants you kill, they always come back stronger than before. Last night after a long day and a big meal, I was getting ready for bed, and as I pulled back the mosquito net, I noticed that our bed was crawling with tiny ants. I flipped my lid, then John and I sprayed around the room and changed the sheets. How much longer must I endure this? Only seven more months.

I know there have been bigger and scarier bugs in our bed than the ants because I've woken up with huge, painful bites - but I didn't see those bugs crawling on the bed. I only hope the ants decide to leave me this one small area of our apartment to keep as my own. I think I'm being unrealistically optimistic in that hope.

Comments:
Oh, thanks Claire, now I'm going to have nightmares. I'm sure my bug problems this year have been nothing like yours, but I've been fighting a war against crickets and pillbugs all fall. I suppose that's the problem with a ground-floor apartment.

Oh, by the way - you guys are going to be in Bloomington for a bit over the Christmas break, right? When are you planning to be around? If you have time, I'd love to get together with you guys!

Kristi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Thought Of The Day


Word Of The Day


Visitors
free counters
BestBuy.com Coupons


To leave a comment click on the comment button below each post