Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Time Change, Church, and Dance Class

Just so all of you know - all of you who live in the USA - the time never changes here. It gets dark at about 6:30 pm every night and gets light at about 6:30 am every morning. In fact, one of the political leaders decided to change the time here in order to match the US about five years ago, but after about two weeks, he decided to change it back because it wasn't working. From there on out, his term in office went downhill.

As you should know, the time changed on Sunday, and judging from the paragraph above, that shouldn't have had any effect on us whatsoever. I'll come back to the time change...

On Sunday evening, we had arranged to visit an English speaking church that we learned about from the husband of a teacher at St. Michael's. We were going to be picked up at 4:30 since church started at five. So, at around 3:30, I decided to take a shower and get ready for church. While I was in the shower, I heard a knock on our front door - it was Patria, the lady who was picking us up - wondering if we were coming down for church. Since we don't have a real clock in our apartment, we use our computer, which thought we were in Indiana, so at midnight Sunday morning, it automatically changed time. OOPS!! John and I rushed around like crazy for about two minutes, and I went to church with sopping wet hair, but we made it.

Church was GREAT!! Everyone there was incredibly sincere, although many of them had that "missionary" persona. If you don't know what I'm referring to, disregard that last comment. The church meets in a school building, and I would estimate that there were about thirty people there. We think that we will return there on weekends when we're in town.

We met a guy there named Paul who is Canadian and works at another school in the city. He's married and close to our age, although a little older, and we plan to hang out with him and his wife sometime.

Item number three: the dance class. I (Claire) am officially going to aerobics dance class twice a week. Tonight was my first night. I went with the girls and a lady from school. It was really fun, and it proved to me how much I need exercise. I'll try to take pictures sometime. It's the ultimate Latin aerobics class... lots of booty shaking. I'll be sore in the morning.

We hope you all had fun passing out candy tonight. No one really celebrates Halloween here and we're forbidden to at school, so we had the most boring Halloween of our lives. I didn't get to dress up like a tube of toothpaste this year, either, but I will someday!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Thought Of The Day


Word Of The Day


Visitors
free counters
BestBuy.com Coupons


To leave a comment click on the comment button below each post