Friday, July 21, 2006

The Last Visit and Comfort Food

We just returned from our last visit to Claire's grandparents in Van Wert, OH. We had a wonderful time shooting the breeze and playing Yatzee and Skipbo with them. We also ate lots and lots of really good food.
I've heard people talk about comfort food before, and I haven't been able to truly understand the concept - food that makes you feel good, makes you feel like you're at home. Yesterday in Gramps and Granny's kitchen, I fully understood the concept of comfort food. With our move coming up so quickly, I've been thinking about things I'll miss, and Granny's chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes is most definitely one of those "home" type things that I'll miss. Granny was kind enough to make pumpkin pie for us, too, which is great because we're going to miss Thanksgiving this year. Every bite of that food made me feel warm inside and completely at home - but also a little sad. I know what I'll crave when we're in the DR: Granny's chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes finished off with a big slice of pumpkin pie.

Comments:
Roths! Adam Bouse here! How have you been? Glad to hear/see you are doing well. Good luck in the DR.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Thought Of The Day


Word Of The Day


Visitors
free counters
BestBuy.com Coupons


To leave a comment click on the comment button below each post